Thursday, April 3, 2014

Throwback Thursday: Diva Run

The first ever official race I've registered for is the Divas Half Marathon & 5K in San Francisco. The thought of tiaras, feather boas, bejeweled medals and hunky fire men?!? So enticing! C'mon! I'm only human. Even a non-runner, nonbeliever like me would be weakened and give in.


I started with my C25K training the day after I signed. My excitement built up when my friends decided to coordinate our running getup.

And even more so when I went to the Health and Fitness Expo for packet pickup.

 

 The morning of the race, I met up with my friends.

Punk Princesses!!!


Girl power was so much evident. It had such a positive diva spirit around.

You could feel the electricity in the air.

The course is gorgeous and well-marked.

Surrounded by blue tutus!

Had to stop and take a picture of this glorious view.
The end is the best...

Finish Line!

I did it!
Having your medal placed around your neck by a ripped, topless firefighter - the best! *swoon*


I would have to say that the Diva Run is where I caught the running bug.

No comments:

Post a Comment